Stuck in a salad rut?
This Thai Ramen Salad with Spicy Coconut Almond Dressing is sure to shake things up!
It's packed with fresh greens, raw veggies, and light rice ramen noodles for a fun mix of textures. Then it's topped with a silky sauce that has a hint of coconut, ginger, and spice for an exotic flavor that'll kick boring salads to the curb.
Thai Ramen Salad with Spicy Coconut Almond Dressing
Yield: 2 servings
For the Ramen Salad:
- 2 blocks rice ramen noodles
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 1 cup red cabbage, chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tsp. toasted sesame seeds, to garnish (optional)
For the Spicy Coconut Almond Dressing:
- 1/4 cup Aloha Spreads coconut almond butter
- 2 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. agave nectar
- 1 tsp. tamari OR coconut aminos OR soy sauce
- 1 tsp. sriracha sauce
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1-2 Tbsp. water
- Bring 4 cups water to boil in a medium saucepan. Add the rice ramen noodles and cook for 3-4 minutes until just tender, using a fork to gently separate the noodles. Drain, then rinse under cold water and drain 3-4 times to stop the cooking process. Set aside.
- For the Spicy Coconut Almond Dressing, combine coconut almond butter, apple cider vinegar, agave nectar, tamari, sriracha sauce, ground ginger, and garlic powder in a small bowl. Using a fork, whisk in water one tablespoon at a time until the sauce is your desired consistency (about 1-2 Tbsp). Taste and adjust seasonings if desired. Set aside.
- Split the ramen noodles, baby spinach, red cabbage, and red bell pepper between two serving dishes. Serve with Spicy Coconut Almond Dressing and top with toasted sesame seeds, if using. Enjoy!