Ireland meets the island in this delightful variation on the beloved St. Patrick's Day shamrock shake!
Unlike what they serve at the drive-thru, this coconut peanut butter shamrock shake is naturally sweetened with dates and frozen banana. Using no artificial dyes, this shake gets its gorgeous green hue from fresh baby spinach - packing a healthy dose of Vitamin A and iron.
But, even though you're getting your greens, we promise you won't taste it! This shamrock shake still has that classic mint chocolate taste, with a hint of peanut butter and coconut. You can even top it with an easy coconut whip for an extra creamy treat.
Share this coconut peanut butter shamrock shake with a friend for good luck!
Coconut Peanut Butter Shamrock Shake
Yield: 2 servings
For the Shake:
- 1 cup plain almond milk
- 3 Tbsp. Aloha Spreads coconut peanut butter
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 frozen banana
- 4 large dates, pitted
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1-2 drops peppermint oil
- 2 Tbsp. chocolate chips, plus more for garnish
For the Coconut Whip (optional):
- 1/4 cup coconut cream* (see notes)
- 2 tsp. agave nectar or maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- In a high-speed blender, combine almond milk, coconut peanut butter, spinach, frozen banana, dates, 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract, and 1 drop peppermint oil. Blend until smooth. Taste; blend in 1 more drop of peppermint oil if desired.
- Add 2 Tbsp. chocolate chips; pulse 3-5 times to break them up but not blend completely.
- In a small bowl, combine coconut cream, agave nectar, and 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract. Beat together quickly with a fork for 1 minute to make slightly fluffy.
- Divide smoothie between 2 glasses, top with coconut whip and chocolate chips.
*Notes: If you don't have a can of coconut cream, you can obtain coconut cream by opening a can of regular coconut milk (not low-fat), but do not shake the can first. Scoop out the coconut cream; save the coconut water and remaining contents for another use.